Remember me? I haven't posted here in FOREVER and a day. I'm not going to give you the laundry list of excuses, but I'm back again....and I've got a mission. Since we moved back to this side of the state, I've let my physical health slide. I quit running. I quit eating right. I quit taking care of me and immersed myself in what everyone else was doing and needing. I am up to my eyeballs in kids activities (and loving it!) but need to carve out some time for me again.
So, back I went to The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans and found that they were starting some new challenges for the new year. I jumped on board for Fab Abs, C25K, and an 8 week team weight loss challenge where I was matched up with 2 ladies in the same boat. :) Kari and I have been texting and emailing often. It's nice to have someone out there going through the same stuff, working toward the same goal and holding me accountable. Yesterday, I was due for a run on the C25K thing and it was DARN COLD outside. If it hadn't been that Kari and Juliana are counting on me to drop my fair share, there's NO WAY I would have gone for that run...but I did and I'm glad I went. I really do have more energy when I do that at the start of my day. I didn't make the full run because I couldn't feel my face and was having a hard time breathing in the cold, but I was there for half of it and that's more than I was doing 2 weeks ago.
So, that being said, we were asked to come up with some goals for these 8 weeks. Since the challenge is 8 weeks, I think I can come up with 8 goals :) Here we go:
1. Lose 10 pounds.
2. Drink more water. I'm not a soda drinker, but when the weather is cold, I want tea and cocoa...and they aren't too great for the midsection :)
3. Get back to running. Stick with the C25K and sign up for a 5K before the end of the challenge.
4. Make healthy meals. I cook 99% of the meals that we eat. It is so rare that we go out to eat but the meals that I do make aren't always the best. But biscuits and gravy tastes so goooooood....
5. Eat breakfast. I am notorious for trying to get the kids ready, then once they are on the bus I get busy doing something else and I seriously forget to eat breakfast.
6. Make DAILY contact with my accountability partners, Kari and Juliana. I don't want to let them down, so making sure I email or text with them at least once a day will keep me on track.
7. Make a better attempt at keeping organized.
8. I need to remember that I am my own worst enemy. When I'm out for a run and it hurts and I start to tell myself bad things, I need to take a sec, regroup and start again. I can do this...I've already done it and I let myself undo everything I had accomplished. Me. I need to learn positive self-talk and to gain confidence in who I am. So, I will attempt to beat that demon...one day at a time. For as long as it takes.
And, just to keep me honest, here's a picture of the scale from New Years Eve. This is my official weigh in weight....no wonder I split my pants open Sunday night when I bent over. At least I wasn't reaching for a cupcake.