Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The times...they are a changin'!

As some of you know, we've had a bit of trouble with the new school and particularly one teacher there. This week we hit our breaking point. After many tears, some yelling and numerous phone calls (and even a little wine for momma), Riley will be starting a new school on Monday, Rugby will remain where he is since his teacher is great and he's finally starting to make some friends. Riley is hesitant, as any child would be, to change schools in the middle of a school year. He cried a bit when he found out Rugby wasn't going to be there, and only asked if it was ok to go meet the teacher before he starts school. But, Riley is my child that adapts best to change and is the most socially outgoing, so I don't think we'll have any problems. Riley will be attending the Lutheran school in town. And the best part is TJ IS GOING, TOO!! He will have class from 12:30 to 3 on Tuesday and Thursday. He is SO EXCITED about going to school. He was there to play today while I worked out and it didn't phase him....not even seeing the bigger kids. He didn't get all shy and clingy like usual! I am praying this is a good thing for him as I know it really is. I'm so encouraged by the environment there and by the people I've met so far. And who knows, maybe next year all 4 kids will be there.

7 comments:

  1. It will be the best thing for everyone concerned. Sure, it's going to be hard at first, but I bet by this time next week, he'll have buddies and won't even THINK about the old school.

    TJ in school … gah! Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents yanked me out of public school in the 3rd grade and put me in a Lutheran school. Was the best decision they ever made, i loved it there and thrived! Classrooms were small enough that everyone was like family.I'm sure he will end up loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will pray too that it all goes well.
    And he still will have a brother with him at school at least part time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Libby was in first grade we had to do the same thing! I'll tell you, it was the best thing we ever did for her! She flourished in her new school and has not had an issue since! I hope it goes as well for Riley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you found a new school for Riley! He's going to excel now!!!!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad it is all working out.That is so cool TJ gets to go too!

    Maleesa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Everyone! When he's not sad about leaving the old school, he seems kind of excited about the new one. We'll see how it goes Monday! :)

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment....I comment back! :) I do allow anonymous comments, but please, if I know you, leave some sort of identifying info. Thanks so much!!