Monday, January 04, 2010

Rethinking

Rethink Your Shrink!

So, I've been reading the "Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans" for over a year. Last year, I lost 35 pounds between the Sisterhood, the Ragamuffin-top Challenge and just watching what I ate. And then we moved and I quit being so conscious and I put 10 back on. So, I am RECOMMITTING to a healthy lifestyle. I The kids bought me THE 30 DAY SHRED for Christmas. Today, I took my measurements....upper arm, thigh, bust, waist, hips....and "before" pictures. I'm so not pleased with where I am. But, I am encouraged because just 18 months ago it was much worse. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to share the measurements and pictures. Maybe just as an "after".

So, I have some choices and changes to make. We love butter and I can not fathom giving it up...but we don't need a stick at a time. We can cut back on that. I already use EVOO as an alternative sometimes and I can get more diligent about doing that. We can cut down on portion sizes. I was reading something a while back about combining a protein and a (carb? fiber?) as a method of increasing what your body will burn. Tim was to the doctor over the holiday and we now know just how much he weighs and I hope that that will encourage him to embrace some healthier habits. He's talked about playing rugby again this spring, but I think that will be difficult given his weight.

I've also realized that I spend entirely too much time online. I am SO VERY tempted to delete my facebook account. I read a TON of blogs, but having the google reader helps...I can skim through and just read the ones I want to and mark the others "read" or leave them for when I have more time. So, I need to get myself back into being a good mommy and spend less time online and more time with the kids. Soon we'll have a sofa in the basement and that will help make it more inviting for me to be down there. Right now there is no seating at all.

Anyway, all that to say that we WILL be making BIG changes to our life and habits this year. 2010 will be our best year yet. I hope that you'll stick around and see how we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment....I comment back! :) I do allow anonymous comments, but please, if I know you, leave some sort of identifying info. Thanks so much!!