Saturday, November 07, 2009

The Power of a WELL PLACED pocket.

Have any of you noticed the vastly different placement of back pockets on a pair of jeans. It varies from pair to pair and brand to brand. The placement of those pockets can enhance or detract from the wearers rear.

I hate jean shopping for a variety of reasons. I'm tall, so I need TALL jeans, but they are hard to find. Regular length are ok...sometimes but not for others. I've resorted to only shopping for jeans in one store because I know that I can always find jeans that I like, that fit, that I can afford. I admit that there are a great many stores that I've avoided because it wasn't my favorite jeans store because I hate trying on a million pairs to not find anything that I like. I subjected my hubby to jeans shopping only ONCE in 9 years of marriage. Just once. It was enough for both of us.

One day this week, he came home and told me that someone we know bought the inventory of two Steve & Barry's stores (yes, they've all closed.) These people were selling the stuff at a dramatic discount. Tim even mentioned that he knows I only have one pair of jeans so he thought I might like to look. Well, the thought of jeans shopping at a new "store" was not appealing, but anyone with only one pair of jeans knows that the draw was just too big. I had to try.

I took my grandma with me. I walked in, hoping but not having great expectations. There were boxes EVERYWHERE. They had butter knives out for you to take with you to open boxes and taught you how to read the label of the box to know what was in it. It was a disaster. And completely overwhelming. BUT I NEEDED JEANS. So we dug, and moved things, and almost tipped LARGE piles of boxes over. But, I now have 2 pairs of dress pants and 2 new pairs of jeans and even 2 pair of capris for summer! (And a couple dress shirts and sweatshirts and a new coat)

But, they know where to place the pockets! The jeans fit nice and the pockets are in such a place that they make my rear look a bit smaller, higher and perhaps even better. I LOVE THEM!! Of course I do, I will only be able to get these jeans until Christmas and after that, I'm out of luck. I'm making a strong effort to lose weight. I've started walking again (thanks, Angie and Katrina!!) and I want to start working out with weights this winter. I'm also tossing around the idea of starting a workout group like the one I was a part of in Boyceville. It's simple cardio and some hand weights, but it was great to have something to look forward to and I was gettting stronger the longer we met which was great! So, I bought 5 pairs of pants that may not fit come spring....is that good or bad? Granted, those 5 pairs cost me less than one pair at my favorite jeans store, but still....you know the dilemma. Oh well, I'm just gonna bask in the glory of my cute rear in these jeans and be happy.

2 comments:

  1. It is always a good feeling to find a great pare of jeans!! It will be a great feeling if the extra pants you bought for next summer don't fit because they are too big. You can always sell them or give them away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess!
    Nice to "meet" you (via blog). Thanks for your sweet comment(s) on my blog. Yeah, it was pretty funny when I told the cement guy I wanted to put my kids handprints in the cement. He said, "no problem". And then I took the kids out. All 8 of them. He just about had a heart attack.

    I couldn't agree with you more on the "pocket placement" of jeans. Very well put.
    blessings,
    ashley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment....I comment back! :) I do allow anonymous comments, but please, if I know you, leave some sort of identifying info. Thanks so much!!