Thursday, March 18, 2010

Running

Hello there. Did you think I forgot about you? This lovely weather and four kids have been giving me a run for my money lately! They all love being outside so much. We're working on teaching the 2 year old to stay off the road which has been a constant challenge lately. I'm thankful that our street is fairly quiet, but there are people that just FLY past our house and it drives me insane. I'm almost tempted to throw a handful of nails or something out there, but then there's all the repercussions of that that I don't want to deal with, either. At least the road has heaved a bit at the bottom of the hill so if they are going too fast, they get a nasty bump. lol!

No real news to report. I found a dentist that takes our insurance and made an appointment with him. When I got there, he didn't lecture me about the condition of my teeth. (yay!) I found out that I need to have a tooth removed and then I start 4 hours of repair work after that. Oh the joy. I don't mind going to the dentist, but the thought of 4 hours is killing me. A lot of my old fillings are falling apart, so better to take care of them now before there's a problem.

Tim is still teaching and loving it. He's going to be coaching soccer and has talked about teaching summer school, too. Should be fun for him, I'm sure! Soccer starts pretty soon.

We're planning a trip back to Boyceville for Easter break, and we are ALL looking forward to that. Can't wait to see some old friends again and catch up with Adam and Kelly, too. While we're there, we'll get to spend some time with Tim's grandma, too and that's always nice. I can't wait.

I started running again....it's slow going, but I'm going. I've lost 7 pounds in the last 3 weeks with the challenge going on at the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans and this running that I'm doing so Yay Me! My SIL, Lisa, is trying to talk me into a 10K in June and the one I was planning was for August. I don't know if I'll be ready for that, but I'm sure it'll be fun and she assured me that it'd be ok with her if we walked part of it. Maybe it would be a fun sisters thing. I also ordered a Garmin Forerunner GPS watch to help me with the running. It's pretty cool all the little things it does, I'm excited for it to come and to start using it!!

Well, that's my little mish mash of a post for tonight. Hope all is well!

3 comments:

  1. Yea! I can't wait to see everyone! :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot, woot, for running and losing 7 pounds....

    Keep on, keeping on girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on running and losing 7 pounds. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment....I comment back! :) I do allow anonymous comments, but please, if I know you, leave some sort of identifying info. Thanks so much!!