Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Getting back to "normal"

We are finally starting to feel settled here in our old new house. I've got the living and dining rooms painted.The living room has new curtains that I snagged from another room, as does the dining room. So, those two places will need new curtains. My kitchen needs a second coat of paint and some more moving and organizing of items. There are many boxes marked "KITCHEN" that I need to unpack/deal with yet. I would also like to hang some photos on the wall in the living room. I spray painted all the wood frames black satin so they'll better match the tan we painted the wall and the feeling of the room. It's so nice and cozy! I am LOVING the paint colors in here! We snagged a game table from my BIL that we have my computer on in the corner of the living room, and as soon as I make a skirt for it, it'll be perfect. A million little projects to keep me busy for a while, anyway.

We've managed to get to the library once already. I don't like it as well as Boyceville, but it'll have to do. The ladies working there just don't seem as friendly. I'm sure we'll get along fine...eventually! They don't have someone that does any kind of storytime for the kids, though. I know they are looking, maybe I'd be able to step into that, though I don't know the particulars of what they would expect. I may have to ask. We'll see....I think it'd be fun to do it, though!

I suppose that's enough for now. I started this post this morning and never had time to finish it. I made a double batch of refrigerator pickles and did some cleaning today, but didn't seem to have time to get online and get this finished up. Hope all is well.

Love,
Jess (and the boys)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment....I comment back! :) I do allow anonymous comments, but please, if I know you, leave some sort of identifying info. Thanks so much!!