Friday, March 27, 2009

I took your sdvice...

And made that wreath a contrasting color.

Here's the thing about that wreath: It was free. One of our renters left it behind....I didn't LOVE it, but I didn't hate it, either. So, I check my stash of spray paint yesterday and found some almond colored paint. Thought that would be alright, so I painted it....and ran out 3/4 of the way through. Waited til Timmy got home and asked him about more (he's a collector, so I figured there was more....somewhere!) and he said he had a whole box of them! WOOT!! Turns out they were flat white. But, I had stepped over one while we were in the garage, so I used that and I didn't like how it looked when it was hung back up...

So, back to the basement paint shop with the flat white that Timmy found and VOILA! What do you think? I still need to do something with the mantle decorations, but haven't stumbled upon the right things yet. And R&R think I have to keep their trophies up there....um, I don't think so! But, I don't have an alternate location so they stay...for now....

(the flash is pretty harsh, especially on the walls, so be cautiously judgmental!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment....I comment back! :) I do allow anonymous comments, but please, if I know you, leave some sort of identifying info. Thanks so much!!