Monday, April 07, 2008

Slacking

Yea, been slacking on the blogging lately. Just in case you missed it, this post was my April Fool's Joke. I left the same message on my Grandma's answering machine and it took her a while to remember it was April Fool's! Too funny. I'm glad she saw the humor.

We'll back up just a bit. My mom and dad came out for Rugby and Riley's wrestling tournament here in town and it happened to be Easter weekend. So, it was a two for one! I loved having them here and I think they had fun with the boys, too.

Don't mess with the kid and his pickle!

Riley's READY!

Sorry it's fuzzy....his matches ended quick, so we didn't have a chance for many pix.

My daddy and the Tucker Man

TJ helping Granny with the egg hunt


Tucker got his first tooth to pop through either last night or this morning. YAY TUCKER MAN!

Rugby has this thing going on at school right now that's Moving and Munching: Shoot for the Moon. Basically, the kids get points for eating right and excersizing. They get bonus points for writing a report about something in space, too. Anyway, there's a few things that he can earn "extra bonus" points for. One of them is 2 points for each 15 minutes of walking....and for each family member that goes with you. So, we've been trying to take a walk as a family to help him get lots of points....6 people = 12 points for a 15 minute walk, so we rack them up pretty quickly. Yesterday, we thought we'd hike in the woods and be gone maybe 30 minutes, so we packed up the kids, put on our tennis shoes and away we went ONE AND A HALF HOURS later, we finally made it back home. We were wet and cold, but we made it! When we got to the top of the hill behind our house, we followed the trail to the water tower. We decided to walk to the bottom of that hill, so we were on the opposite side of the hill as our house. I was going to take the road home, but Tim wanted to keep walking in the woods, so we did. We should have known better. There was lots of hills, so we decided to walk in the field that borders the woods, IN THE SNOW, but it's been warm, so under the snow was water/slush NASTINESS. Rugby lost his shoes in it at one point and carried them as he came running to catch up. I'm telling you that it was terrible, we even got sprinkled on. Ugh. It waited for the all out rain til after we got back home, thank heavens! But, he got 72 points, so he was thrilled that he broke 100 for the day. He totaled 163 points for the week. I'll keep you posted on the rest of the month. This was a challenge from the Glenwood City school and each school is trying to get enough points (converted to miles) to reach halfway to the moon (I think it's like 119,000 miles for each school). So, that's our yesterday.

Saturday, we painted half the living room. Tomorrow, I hope to be able to do the rest. It'll be easier when Riley's gone and both babies are sleeping.

Until later.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment....I comment back! :) I do allow anonymous comments, but please, if I know you, leave some sort of identifying info. Thanks so much!!