Saturday, October 06, 2007

Margie and the horrible, rotten, no good, very bad day

Today was a less than stellar day. Started out that I had a little bird helping make Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie for the pie and ice cream social at church tonight....I got the whole egg instead of just the yolk the recipe called for and it didn't want to set up....see this soupy mess? Yea, not supposed to do that. Ugh. Ok. I can deal with it. Moving on...
Then, I roll out the crust for the Raspberry Cream Cheese Pie that I was making. Get it looking mighty spiffy with a pretty edge and everything....very proud of myself. Bake it and when it was done, it looked awful! It shrunk. Ugh, again. So, get ANOTHER crust rolled out and pretty edge on it (yay, me!), bake it with pie weights this time and VOILA! Beautiful crust! Go to put it on the cooling rack and this happens.......one more UGH!So, I roll out and bake a THIRD pretty pie crust. This time nothing bad happened!! YAY ME! Isn't she pretty? (See the itty bitty pie on the lower left? That one's for Timmy since he's gone today and won't be home in time for the social, poor guy. He was really looking forward to it, too!)
So, by now my confidence is starting to build again. I figure I'd try that peanut butter chocolate pie again. This time, it worked!! YAY! See how it's not sliding when I tip the pie plate? That's magic! lol!

I also made a strawberry rhubarb pie with a crumb topping that looks BEAUTIFUL, but nothing bad happened with that one at all....knock on wood. Watch me drop the stupid thing going into church or something dumb like that. (Remember the cherry tumble? Oy.) See, pretty, eh?


"GIMME PIE!!"

Having an extra kid here today didn't help, but I guess it was worth having the house trashed!
(Here's my magic trick: after the two crusts bit the dust and the PB/choc pie was trashed, I quit. Seriously, I was gonna take the one pie I had and call it good enough. But then I talked to Kelly and things worked after that. I think Kelly has magic powers. ;-)

4 comments:

  1. I am just wondering who got to eat the messups? I bet that PB Chocolate messup was pretty tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the holidays...you better bring some of that Chocolate PB pie to Gresham!!!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great to me!Good for you to keep plugging away at making them.I would have quit!LOL but that's me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would so eat those pies...every one of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment....I comment back! :) I do allow anonymous comments, but please, if I know you, leave some sort of identifying info. Thanks so much!!