Wednesday, May 28, 2014

It's Kind Of A Big Deal...

In February of 2013, I started riding a spin bike and thought I was gonna die after a 25 minute class.
Now, I'm doing 60 minute classes and feeling awesome.

In June of 2013, I was doing 3 point dumbell rows with only 5 pounds of weight and struggling to do that.
Now, I am doing 30 pound dumbell rows. I won't say with no problem, but they aren't as hard as I thought they'd be.

Somewhere over the winter, we started doing pushups, but you did the down action, then used your knees to get back up. AND IT WAS HARD.  I struggled and struggled to get through 10 of them.

TODAY, I NAILED IT.  10 WHOLE PUSHUPS. REAL ONES!!

There's days that I walk into that fitness center and I just have no energy to be there, but I push through because I know it's good for me, I (overall) want to be there, and there are people waiting for me to show up.  I like knowing that people are looking to me for help and also for inspiration.  And then there are days like today where I WANT to be there and I WANT to do well and I WANT to lift more than the girls next to me. I love being challenged there!  I always thought that if I tried a weight and I couldn't get it that I failed, but I'm learning that that's SOOOOOO not the case!  It just means that you can't get it YET.  I can do some pretty awesome chin-ups...band assisted.  But, take away that band and I got nothin'.  And yet, I keep trying and I will  get there.  Just one stinkin' unassisted chin up would make me so happy!  :)

I never thought I'd be this girl, but I'm happy in the weight room.  I'm comfortable there...especially when my friends and trainer are pushing me to be uncomfortable....in the very best way.

***Update 5/29/14...since January 1st, 2013, I'm down 47.8 pounds and over 22 inches!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment....I comment back! :) I do allow anonymous comments, but please, if I know you, leave some sort of identifying info. Thanks so much!!