My friend Christy recently interviewed her kids with a form that was floating around Facebook. It sounded like fun, so I did it with Rugby and Riley over the weekend. Some of their answers are surprising, some....not so much. But, it's neat to see how their little brains think of me.
1. What is something mom always says to you?
Rugby: You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
Riley: Not to jump off the couch or you'll get hurt (Guess what he did this weekend? With a goose egg to prove it. ugh!)
2. What makes mom happy?
Bug: Hugs and kisses.....and candy!
3. What makes mom sad?
Bug: When we are naughty
Riley: I don't know
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Bug: Tickle us
5. What was your mom like as a child?
Rugby: A sister with a naughty brother (Sorry, Jase, don't know WHERE he'd have gotten that idea wink, wink.)
Riley: I honestly have no idea (He wasn't too keen on answering these...)
6. How old is your mom?
Riley: In your 90's or 80's
7. How tall is your mom?
Rugby: About 82 inches
Riley: Big-really tall.
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Riley: Give me and Rugby hugs and kisses
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Rugby: Sleep. No, listen to music
Riley: Play Wii
10. If your mom is on TV for something, what will it be for?
Rugby: looking for books
Riley: doing a show
11. What is your mom really good at?
Rugby and Riley: Cooking
12. What is your mom not very good at
Rugby: Shooting baskets like hitting balls in baseball on the wii (I think we need to talk about the vocabulary of baseball and basketball....)
Riley: jumping off things
13. What does your mom do for her job?
Riley: to be a mom
14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Rugby: corn and smashed potatoes (I think he got mine and his confused...)
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Rugby: She's an excellent cook and she tries to keep us healthy
Riley: that you cook for us.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Rugby: Quacky Chef
17. What do you and your mom do together?
Rugby: Go to wrestling practice.
Riley: Play games on wii
18. How are you and your mom the same?
Rugby: We're both humans
Riley: (very exhasperatedly:) We're not!
19. How are you and your mom different?
Rugby: She's a girl and I'm a boy
Riley: You're big and I'm small
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Rugby: She gives me lots of hugs
Riley: Cuz you give us hugs and kisses
21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Riley: Your mom's house
I think it's interesting that Rugby and Riley answered some things so close to the same even though they weren't even in the same room when I asked the questions. Also, Rugby answered like he was talking to someone else and Riley was talking to me in the way they answered the questions. I think it'd be fun to get TJ and Tucker's answers in a couple years....I may have to try to remember!