Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'm preggo, so my brain doesn't function??

What's up with that?? I made a pot of coffee this morning, poured some great amaretto creamer into the mug and take a drink....yea, I forgot the coffee. YUCK! Ugh, ok, add more creamer and this time the coffee. Much better. Then, the cravings seems to have kicked in. Today it was chocolate peanut butter pie. Well, I found and printed 2 recipes. Get to the kitchen and start on recipe #2 only to realize that it's for plain old peanut butter pie. That will never do, the pregnant chick NEEDS her chocolate, so I combine the 2 recipes and modify them each a little more for my own creation which I served to two young gents who told me "It's so good I can't talk." I love that! (Tim isn't home yet, so he'll put in his review later.) So, here's the recipe if anyone is interested....

Margie's Modified Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

1-9" pie crust, baked (I made a graham cracker one since I had the stuff handy, but an oreo crust would be awesome!!)
3 beaten egg yolks
1 pinch salt
2 1/2 cups milk
3/4-1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4-1/3 cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup peanut butter

In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks, salt, and milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly just until warm.

In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, and cocoa. Mix well. Gradually whisk into milk mixture. Continue to stir, over low heat, until thickened (took me about 1/2 hour). Remove from heat.

Stir in vanilla and peanut butter and stir until smooth. Pour into your baked shell and chill before serving. I topped with cool whip and some chocolate curls. YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Jess this sounds so good.I bought a oreo cookie crust already made this weekend while I was grocery shopping and if I have time I will make it today.If not tomorrow.I hope my kids are speachless like your was!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment....I comment back! :) I do allow anonymous comments, but please, if I know you, leave some sort of identifying info. Thanks so much!!